Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Need An Assistant

The joys of being a triple major are coming down on me this present week. The work isn't particularly challenging for any of the classes, but the thing is, it's a LOT of menial tasks.

Memorize this piece in Italian.

Read this.

Memorize this sonnet.

Say this.

Move here.

And occasionally, "hey can you play this entire Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta for me at a moment's notice?"

None of these have ever really posed a problem for me. These are my natural abilities, and I've bullshitted my way through this for three semesters. But now I've suddenly gotten myself into a position where these two Rehearsal and Production Credits are the hardest I'll ever have to earn.

I CAN'T SEW. I can NOT sew to save my life. I need help. Badly. I can design costumes, fine. Pick out fabrics, brilliant. But ask me to put a precious fabric to a sewing machine and I quiver, because I'm horrible at it.

And I have five dance costumes to fix and ameliorate by Monday. I stared at the sewing machine and cried quietly today.

I think I have to boo-hoo to Andrea.

2 comments:

-- Kaela -- said...

How nice to hear from you!!!!

It's been way to long; I haven't talked to you since before you went to the city. How did that all turn out for you?

I will be home for just a few days at Christmas; late on the 20th - 25th.

Talk to you soon! Hang in there, kiddo.

k*

Janine said...

i know how you feel Miles i can't sew to save my life either...